Advanced Astrophotography Program
Create your own version of deep-sky object astroimage
Your student or students get to choose from our already imaged uncalibrated astrophotography data. They then analyze the data to create an astroimage. Students are also encouraged to come up with their own research questions and use the data in extended analysis.
We provide you will all the resources you will need to introduce the topic of astrophotography to your students, and guide them through the calibrations and processing of the data.
This program is an intensive program, and is aimed at students completing independent studies, Extended Essays, end-of-year projects or science fair projects. The program is also available to clubs and advanced classes with students working in small groups.
- Engage real astronomical data collection and processing
- Develop critical thinking, self-management and research skills
- Participate in and engage with the scientific process
- Develop communication skills with the opportunity to be published
- Explore interdisciplinary ties, including chemistry, physics, art, and math
- Find curriculum connections specific to your provincial curriculum here!
- The Basics of Astrophotography Presentation Slides
- Imaging the Night Sky – Project Introduction Presentation Slides
- Teacher Package:
- Sample Class Schedule
- Walkthrough of each project stage
- Presentation Notes
- Resource Links & More
- Student Package:
- Written & Video Tutorials
- Fillable PDF Lab Report
- Astrophotography Data
- Software Download Links & More
- “Choose Your Own Adventure” Further Exploration Guiding Questions